Articles on this Page
- 01/22/16--16:16: _How to Set Up a Stu...
- 01/30/16--15:30: _“I Wheely Like You”...
- 02/05/16--13:18: _$250 Staples Gift C...
- 02/19/16--03:00: _The Bright Minds ar...
- 02/22/16--17:48: _Let’s Learn Togethe...
- 03/02/16--04:00: _A Little Sand Timer...
- 03/08/16--15:06: _FREE St. Patrick’s ...
- 03/13/16--15:40: _Announcing: The Kin...
- 03/21/16--18:00: _The Secret to Skip ...
- 04/10/16--16:29: _Kindergarten Rainbo...
- 04/15/16--03:30: _Free Earth Day Craf...
- 04/19/16--16:58: _Say Hello to Kwik S...
- 05/06/16--03:30: _Stitch Fix Teacher ...
- 05/09/16--16:37: _Free “First Grader ...
- 07/07/16--04:00: _A Meetup with a Twi...
- 08/07/16--14:00: _How to Build a Clas...
- 08/26/16--18:10: _Managing Student Su...
- 09/04/16--04:00: _FREE Parent Flip Bo...
- 09/10/16--04:00: _Astrobrights Bright...
- 10/10/16--04:30: _Changes In My Class...
- 01/22/16--16:16: How to Set Up a Student-Run Tutoring Program
- 01/30/16--15:30: “I Wheely Like You” Student Valentine Freebie
- 02/05/16--13:18: $250 Staples Gift Card Valentine Giveaway from American Greetings
- 02/19/16--03:00: The Bright Minds are Back (and Better than Ever)
- 02/22/16--17:48: Let’s Learn Together this Thursday Night
- 03/02/16--04:00: A Little Sand Timer and a Whole Lotta Listening
- 03/08/16--15:06: FREE St. Patrick’s Day Emergent Reader
- 03/13/16--15:40: Announcing: The Kinder Craze Facebook Group!
- 03/21/16--18:00: The Secret to Skip Counting in Kindergarten!
- 04/10/16--16:29: Kindergarten Rainbow Art and Sentence Writing
- 04/15/16--03:30: Free Earth Day Craft and Writing Activity
- 04/19/16--16:58: Say Hello to Kwik Stix: My New Favorite Paints
- 05/06/16--03:30: Stitch Fix Teacher Appreciation Surprise
- 05/09/16--16:37: Free “First Grader in Training” Badges
- 07/07/16--04:00: A Meetup with a Twist: The First-Ever Kinder Craze Event
- 08/07/16--14:00: How to Build a Classroom Library (and a Back to School Giveaway)
- 08/26/16--18:10: Managing Student Supplies on Back to School Night
- 09/10/16--04:00: Astrobrights Brightest Teacher Classroom Makeover Reveal
- 10/10/16--04:30: Changes In My Classroom This Year
I may teach kindergarten at my school, but I am also a faculty advisor for my school’s National Junior Honor Society. For several years, the NJHS has provided tutoring services to struggling students once a week after school. The program has evolved considerably with each passing year and this year we finally have the tutoring program […]
Valentine’s Day is coming! I am so excited for the upcoming holiday and you know who else is excited? My students! Few things are quite so thrilling to a young child as receiving dozens of little cards and friendship declarations from all of your friends. Oh wait. There is something more exciting. Receiving a Valentine card […]
Friendship love is in the air and my students could not possibly be any more excited for Valentine’s Day. There is something so wonderfully thrilling about receiving a card from each of your friends at school. Such simple things hold so much magic for my kindergarten students. I am so excited to join forces with American Greetings […]
The post $250 Staples Gift Card Valentine Giveaway from American Greetings appeared first on Kinder Craze.
I am SO excited to announce that I am returning for another year of color inspiration as a Bright Mind with the Astrobrights ambassador program. There is incredible power in color. It ignites the imagination and creativity in students. It also makes any lesson or classroom activity a whole lot more interesting! You already know how much I […]
Do you have plans this Thursday night? I do and I want you to be a part of them! I am honored to be a part of a Master Teaching: Kindergarten Edition live webinar hosted by Malia from Playdough to Plato. I adore Malia and her amazing early childhood blog and I’m so honored to be […]
I have a lot of sand timers in my classroom. I got them for free from the dentist and they sit on my technology table, beside my easel and on my desk. They also travel around the room as needed. This little piece of plastic with bits of sand is a remarkable training tool in […]
I have the perfect resource for you to bring the true story of St. Patrick into your classroom. I love a good leprechaun shenanigan as much as the next person, but there is so much more to this Roman Catholic Holiday than just rainbows and leprechauns. That’s why I created my latest Interactive Sight Word […]
Today marks the four year anniversary of the day I started Kinder Craze. I am still so in awe of everything that this blog has become over the past four years and I keep finding myself reflecting back on the early days of this happy little place on the internet. I am currently living in […]
I’ve been teaching skip counting in kindergarten for years. Each year I do it a little different, but use the Rainbow Skip Counting set from my TpT store during our study. This year I finally discovered the secret for harnessing my student’s motivation and transforming them into skip counting experts overnight. This trick is so […]
With temperatures back down in the 30s this week in Southeast Michigan, we were in desperate need of Spring around here. I can’t control the weather, but we could bring a little springtime cheer indoors with a little kindergarten rainbow art in my classroom. We used the opportunity to refine our sentence writing conventions too […]
Need an Earth Day craft to do with your students? Look no further! I’ve teamed up with Astrobrights Papers to bring you a simple project and writing activity that is so sweetly perfect for young children. This paper plate mosaic is simple to prep, looks so vibrant and the FREE Earth Day Promise writing page […]
Like all elementary teachers, I have a not-so-slight addiction to quality school supplies. You know what I’m talking about. If you’re anything like me, your first great love was a brand-new box of Crayola crayons, which was probably followed by a perfectly sharpened set of Ticonderoga pencils, a couple of quality pencil grips, and a pack […]
I truly do believe I have the best job in the world. I don’t have to tell you: being a teacher is amazing. But being a teacher-blogger is a whole new world of awesome. I get to enjoy all of the little miracles that happen in my classroom each day as I watch my students grow, but […]
With kindergarten graduation just around the corner and spring fever in full force, I have to find creative ways to keep my students motivated to do their best work and continue following our classroom rules. This year I decided to try something entirely new and I gave each child a “First Grader in Training” badge. I […]
Can I just tell you how much I love Kinder Craze readers? This little ol’ blog is visited daily by the most wonderful, thoughtful, caring educators. I’ve learned over time that there are several local teachers that love Kinder Craze just as much as I do and I have had a chance to connect with […]
The post A Meetup with a Twist: The First-Ever Kinder Craze Event appeared first on Kinder Craze.
In kindergarten, literacy is one of the most important aspects of the content I teach. It’s my job to instill a love of reading in my students and to help them discover new books that ignite their interests and fill their hearts with joy. It’s also essential that I put books in their hands that […]
The post How to Build a Classroom Library (and a Back to School Giveaway) appeared first on Kinder Craze.
Thank you to Avery for sponsoring this blog post. I received payment, trade and/or products from Avery in exchange for promoting. However, all opinions stated are my own. I only promote brands and products that I love and I truly adore Avery peel and stick labels in the classroom. This post also contains affiliate links for your […]
I spent last week teaching my students how to be a kindergartener and next week I will meet with all of their moms and dads to teach them how to be a kindergarten parent. There is just SO much information that I have to squeeze into a 25 minute presentation. Those poor moms and dads […]
The post FREE Parent Flip Book Template + Astrobrights Colorize Your Classroom Contest appeared first on Kinder Craze.
Last month, I was given the honor of traveling to Alexandria, Virginia to help Astrobrights give one very bright teacher a classroom makeover. You may remember that Astrobrights launched their Brightest Teacher contest in the spring. Parents, teachers, students,and administrators from across the country were invited to nominate a very bright and deserving classroom teacher […]
The post Astrobrights Brightest Teacher Classroom Makeover Reveal appeared first on Kinder Craze.
My classroom looks and feels a lot different this year than it has in the past. For one thing, there are 17 students in my class this year. Ten of those students are full-day students in what had been a solely half day kindergarten classroom. There’s also another teacher in the room. And there’s a brand new flat […]